Sunday, May 16, 2010

Review: Four Fingers Bonchon Crispy Chicken @ ION Orchard #2

Since the last post a few months back where my experience at ION's 4 Fingers Bonchon Crispy Chicken was rather disappointing, I've decided to give this place a second try.

Upon entering - the store was noticeably tidier, and the store manager was around to supervise the staff, who were also a lot friendlier. Seems like they have taken the initial feedback seriously indeed! We ordered the Soy & Garlic chicken wings as well as the Shrimp & Calamari combos and the waiting time is much shorter this round. I nosily peeked into the kitchen and also realised that it's also much cleaner! Kudos to the owners for working hard to fine tune their operations!

Food-wise I really liked my Shrimp & Calamari combo, which came with seasoned fries. I'd chosen the Soy & Garlic seasoning for the mains and I liked the fact that it was salty yet mildly sweet. The chicken wings were also much juicier beneath the batter so I'd realised that this is actually how it was supposed to taste! The last time I tried, the wings tasted like they were double/triple-deep fried to the extend that all the moisture was lost and they were closer to chicken wing chips!

So the verdict is that I'm glad I gave this place another shot, and I would definitely visit again - I'm now a convert! Hope that the owners will continue to perfect their products and operations - well done guys!

Soy & Garlic Chicken Wings

Shrimp & Calamari Combo

7 out of 10
4 Fingers Bonchon Crispy Chicken
2 Orchard Turn
#B4-06A ION Orchard

0 comments:

Post a Comment