Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cupcake Decorating Birthday Party for little Zelia

It's little Zelia's 3rd birthday and I'd offered to Hazen a batch of cupcakes from me as a birthday gift. After some brainstorming we'd decided to turn it into something fun for the kids to do instead - where they got to decorate their own tiny cupcakes!

After I went to the stores to get my supplies this morning, I got cracking and baked 24 chocolate cupcakes + prepared 2 sets of cream cheese frosting in pink and blue (for the boys). Given that the age of these kids ranged from 1-6, I had to keep things relatively simple and basically just let them have some hands-on fun. I was initially pretty stressed out that I wouldn't be able to manage with 6 tiny tots, but with the mummies' assisting, it all went pretty well!

It was fun to have these active kids stop and listen attentively while I did the demo of how to pipe a frosting swirl, flat frost, and just sprinkle! They each decorated 3 cupcakes, one for themselves and their parents. They held on to their finished works and took lots of pride when they tasted them. I'm happy that everyone loved the cupcakes and little SuperNat even came over to thank me on his own initiative! Aw... Little Jevan now wants to share these cupcakes with his classmates for his birthday party, but since there's limited time to decorate during school, I'd deliver finished cupcakes instead!

Works of art by the mummy + kiddy master chefs

Little Phoelia & Birthday Girl Zelia

The kids: Super-Nathaniel, Jevan, Phoelia, Zelia, Wei Wei, XuanXuan & Abigail

0 comments:

Post a Comment