Sunday, March 14, 2010

Review: Aerin's & Cedele @ Raffles City... and weekend shopping!

Last Saturday was an action-packed day! After toiletries shopping and breakfast, I met S to jointly attack the Pedder Warehouse Sale @ Raffles Convention Centre. To our horror there was an extremely long queue and it took us almost an hour before we could get in! The people in the line made up of local and Japanese tai-tais, young fashionistas and some of us who just didn't want to pay full price! Outside the room, everyone looked prim & proper, but once they'd reached the other side of the door, out came the claws and we got shoved/elbowed all over the place! This called for WAR and after about 2 hours we came out victorious - each armed with giant shopping bags of shoes and handbags :D...

Anyway, just out of pure fun & inspired by Jamba, I'd initiated a Biggest Loser Challenge in my office recently - 3 months, 11 people... biggest % weight loss wins $100 from the pool! (And penalty for those who put ON weight). So we each have our own preferred weight loss methods and to be honest I have not been putting in as much effort as I'd like. S, on the other hand, has recently signed up for the Cohen's Diet - a tailored diet of permitted and prohibited foods prescribed based on your blood type. This, compared to the Atkin's diet, seemed a lot more believable and something that you're less likely to feel like a torture. Importantly, it's sustainable! All one needs, is time, because there is a prescribed weight of the list of permitted foods, it's often best to weigh & prepare your own meals. In this fast paced world of ours the diet calls for immense willpower and commitment! 

S has been doing really well and after shopping together I was inspired to also follow some key rules though I didn't have my own diet... Sometimes I did well, sometimes I defected! Lunch was at Aerin's where I ordered the steak bomb and ate only the fillings of the sandwich and stayed away from the bread (+) but I mixed my proteins of beef and cheese and bacon~ (-) and had a few french fries (-)!! I consoled myself by imagining how much space that bread would have taken up in my stomach! All this while S was just watching me eat because she'd brought her own lunch!


Steak Bomb @ Aerin's

For dinner we ended up at Cedele on the 3rd floor, and this time I was more disciplined and ordered a salad of prawns & avocados - 1 protein (+) and no carbs (+)! S wasn't sure about eating out but the steak salad did seem to fit her list, main problem was having to weigh the portions. We tried our luck and asked the manager if they could do it for her, and to our delight they gladly obliged! The kitchen staff seemed curious at our request (it was an open kitchen) but they also looked like they had fun attending to it! As promised, the food arrived according to her specific request and it was yummy~

The staff at Cedele must be commended for their attentiveness and flexibility in accommodating to customer demands. Well done guys, and because of this I'm sure S and her friends who signed up for the diet will become regulars so that they don't have to prepare their own food all the time!

 


7 out of 10 
252 North Bridge Road
#B1-11/12 Raffles City Shopping Centre
Tel: 6337 2231

8 out of 10 
252 North Bridge Road
#03-28A Raffles City Shopping Centre
(Near Convention Centre)
Tel: 6337 8017

0 comments:

Post a Comment